nicer,skateboard的发音

xwhxwh 阅读:222 2022-05-27 07:40:48 评论:0
nicer

★ 第6章 ★

Because it rained all the next weeknicer,Mary went to talk to Colin every day instead of visiting the garden.

由于接下来下了一个星期的雨nicer,玛丽没有去花园nicer,而是每天去看柯林。

But she woke early one morning to see the sun shining into her roomnicer

可一天早晨她很早就醒了nicer,看见阳光洒进她的房间,

and she ran out to the secret garden at once.

她立即跑出去到秘密花园,

She did not even wait to have her breakfast.

连早餐也没来得及吃。

It was beautifully sunny and warm,

天气晴朗,阳光明媚,

and a thousand more shoots were pushing their way out of the ground.

无数的嫩牙拱出地面,

Dickon was already there,digging hard,with the crow and a young fox beside him.

狄肯已经在那儿了,正起劲地挖着土,他的身边有一只乌鸦和一只小狐狸。

'Have you seen the robin?' he asked Mary.

“看见知更鸟了吗?”他问玛丽。

The little bird was flying busily backwards and forwards as fast as he could, carrying pieces of dry grass.

小鸟正忙碌地飞前飞后衔着枯叶。

'He's building a nest!' whispered Mary.

“它在筑巢呢!”玛丽低声道。

They watched the robin for a moment. Then Mary said,

他们看了一会儿,然后玛丽说:

'I must tell you something.

“我得告诉你一件事。

You probably know about Colin Craven, don't you?

你听说过柯林·克莱文,是吗?

Well, I've met him, and I'm going to help him to get better.'

我见过他了,而且我要帮助他好起来。”

'That's good news.'

“这可是好消息,”

There was a big smile on Dickon's honest face.

狄肯质朴的脸上露出了开心的笑容。

'We all knew he was ill.'

“我们都知道他有病。”

'He's afraid he'll have a crooked back like his father.

“他是害怕会像他父亲那样驼背,

I think that's what's making him ill.'

我看这就是他生病的原因。”

'Perhaps we can bring him here and let him rest under the trees.

“也许我们可以带他来这儿让他在树下休息。

That'll do him good.

那会对他有好处。

That's what we'll do.'

而那正是我们要做的。”

They had a lot of gardening and planning to do and Mary did not have time to visit Colin that day.

他们忙着在花园里修整、种花,所以玛丽一整天没时间去看柯林。

When she came back to the house in the evening,

当她晚上回到房间时,

Martha told her that the servants had had trouble with Colin.

玛莎告诉她用人们在柯林那儿惹了麻烦了。

'He's been very bad-tempered all afternoon with all of us,

“他整个下午冲我们所有人发脾气,

because you didn't come, miss.'

就因为你没去看他,小姐。”

'Well, I was busy. He'll have to learn not to be so selfish,' replied Mary coldly.

“哦,我很忙。他得学着别这么自私。”玛丽冷冷地说。

She forgot how selfish she had been when she was ill in India.

她忘了她自己在印度生病时有多自私了。

'I'll go and see him now.'

“我现在就去看他。”

When she went into his room,he was lying in bed,looking tired.

她走进房间时,他正躺在床上,显得很疲倦,

He did not turn to look at her.

没有扭头看她。

'What's the matter with you?' she asked crossly.

“你怎么啦?”她不太耐烦地问道。

'My back aches and my head hurts.

“我后背疼,头也疼。

Why didn't you come this afternoon?'

下午你为什么没来?”

'I was working in the garden with Dickon.'

“我在花园里跟狄肯一起干活儿。”

'I won't let that boy come to the garden if you stay with him instead of talking to me!'

“要是你净跟他在一起不来跟我说话,我就不许那个孩子到花园里来!”

Mary suddenly became very angry.

玛丽当即就生气了。

'If you send Dickon away, I'll never come into this room again!'

“你要让狄肯走的话,我就再也不到这儿来了!”

'You'll have to if I say so. I'll make the servants bring you in here.'

“你必须得来,因为我说了让你来,我会叫用人把你叫来。”

'Oh, will you, prince!

“哦,是吗? 王子!

But no one can make me talk to you.

可是没人能让我跟你说话呀!

I won't look at you.

我会连看都不看你,

I'll stare at the floor!'

就盯着地板!”

'You selfish girl!' cried, Colin.

“你自私!”柯林叫嚷道。

'You're more selfish than I am.

“你比我自私多了。

You're the most selfish boy I've ever met!'

你是我见过的最自私的人!”

'I'm not as selfish as your fine Dickon!

“我可不像你可爱的狄肯那么自私,

He keeps you playing outside when he knows I'm ill and alone!'

他明知我一个人在生病,却让你一直在外面陪着他玩!”

Mary had never been so furious.

玛丽从来没生过这么大的气,

'Dickon is nicer than any other boy in the world! He's like an angel!'

“狄肯比世界上任何男孩都好!他像个天使!”

'An angel! Don't make me laugh!

“一个天使! 别逗了!

He's just a poor country boy, with holes in his shoes!'

他不过是个乡下的穷孩子。鞋底还漏着窟窿!”

'He's a thousand times better than you are!'

“他比你好上一千倍!”

Colin had never argued with anyone like himself in his life, and in fact, it was good for him.

柯林长这么大从没跟自己年龄相仿的人吵过架,这实际上对他有好处。

But now he was beginning to feel sorry for himself.

可这会儿他觉得自己可怜极了。

'I'm always ill,' he said and started to cry.

“我老是生病,”他一边说一边哭起来。

'I'm sure my back is a bit crooked. And I'm going to die!'

“我肯定我的背有点驼了,而且我就快死了!”

'No, you're not!' said Mary crossly.

“不,你不会的!”玛丽不耐烦了。

Colin opened his eyes very wide.

柯林睁大了眼睛,

Nobody had said that to him before.

以前从来没人这么说过他。

He was angry, but a bit pleased at the same time.

他生气了,可同时又有点高兴。

'What do you mean? You know I'm going to die! Everybody says I'm going to die!'

“你什么意思?你知道我就要死了!每个人都说我快死了!”

'I don't believe it!' said Mary in her most disagreeable voice.

“我不信!”玛丽说,声音很刺耳。

'You just say that to make people feel sorry for you.

“你这么说只是想要别人可怜你。

You're too horrid to die!'

你怕死,你不敢去死!”

Colin forgot about his painful back and sat up in bed.

柯林忘了背疼的事,从床上坐起来,

'Get out of the room at once!' he shouted,

“马上从这儿滚出去!”他吼道,

and threw a book at her.

把一本书朝她扔过来。

'I'm going,' Mary shouted in reply,

“我这就走。”玛丽大声说,

'and I won't come back!' The door banged shut behind her.

“我再也不会来了!”她撞上门走了。

When she reached her own room, she had decided never to tell him her great secret.

回到自己的房间后,她下决心永远不告诉他自己的大秘密。

'He can stay in his room and die if he wants!' she thought.

“他可以呆在他的房间里,要死就死吧!”她想。

But soon she began to remember how ill he had been,

可马上她又想起他病得那么厉害,

and how frightened he was, frightened that one day his back would become as crooked as his father's.

他是那么恐惧,担心有一天他的背会像父亲一样驼。

'Perhaps…perhaps I'll go back and see him tomorrow!'

“也许……也许明天我会回去看看!”

That night she was woken by the most terrible screams that she had ever heard.

这天夜里她被从未听过的尖叫声惊醒。

Servants were opening and shutting doors and running about.

用人们开门又关门,跑来跑去。

'It's Colin!' thought Mary.

“是柯林!”玛丽想。

'He'll go on screaming until he makes himself really ill!

“他会不停地叫下去,直到真弄出病来!

How selfish he is!

他多么自私啊!

Somebody should stop him!'

该有人去制止他!”

Just then Martha ran into the room.

这时玛莎跑进她的房里,

'We don't know what to do!' she cried.

“我们不知道该怎么办!”她叫着。

'He likes you, miss!

“他喜欢你,小姐!

Come and see if you can make him calmer, please!'

去看看你能不能让他安静下来,好吗?”

'Well, I'm very cross with him,' said Mary, and jumped out of bed.

“好吧,我烦死他了,”玛丽说着从床上跳下来,

'I'm going to stop him!'

“我得去制止他!”

'That's right,' said Martha.

“没错,”玛莎说。

'He needs someone like you, to argue with.

“他需要像你这样的人,一起吵吵嘴,

It'll give him something new to think about.'

这能给他点新鲜的东西让他去琢磨。”

Mary ran into Colin's room, right up to his bed.

玛丽跑到他的房间,径直走到床前。

'Stop screaming!' she shouted furiously.

“别叫啦!”她气冲冲地喊道,

'Stop at once! I hate you!

“马上停住! 我讨厌你!

Everybody hates you!

人人都讨厌你!

You'll die if you go on screaming like this, and I hope you will!'

你再这么喊下去就会死的,我希望你死!”

The screams stopped immediately.

喊叫声立即停住了。

This was the first time that anyone had spoken so angrily to Colin, and he was shocked.

这可是第一次有人这么气愤地对柯林说话,他被吓坏了。

But he went on crying quietly to himself.

不过他还是在小声哭着。

'My back's becoming crooked, I can feel it!

“我的背开始驼了,我能感觉到!

I know I'm going to die!'

我知道我就要死了!”

Large tears ran down his face.

大颗的泪珠从他的脸上流了下来。

'Don't be stupid!' cried Mary.

“别傻了!”玛丽叫道。

'There's nothing the matter with your horrid back!

“这跟你可怕的背没关系!

Martha, come here and help me look at his back!'

玛莎,过来让我看看他的背!”

Martha and Mrs Medlock were standing at the door, staring at Mary, their mouths half-open.

玛莎和梅洛太太都站在门边,瞪着玛丽,嘴巴半张着。

They both looked very frightened.

看来她们都给吓坏了。

Martha came forward to help, and Miss Mary looked carefully at Colin's thin white back, up and down.

玛莎走过来帮忙,玛丽小姐上上下下仔细看了柯林那消瘦苍白的脊背,

Her face was serious and angry at the same time.

神色严肃,同时又很生气。

The room was very quiet.

房间里很静。

'There's nothing wrong with your back!' she said at last.

“你的脊背一点毛病也没有!”她最后说道。

'Nothing at all! It's as straight as mine!'

“什么也没有,像我的背一样直!”

Only Colin knew how important those crossly spoken, childish words were.

只有柯林明白这些带着怒气说出的孩子气的话有多么重要。

All his life he had been afraid to ask about his back, and his terrible fear had made him ill.

他长这么大一直都不敢问起自己的脊背,而他的恐惧总是让他病歪歪的。

Now an angry little girl told him his back was straight, and he believed her.

现在这个愤怒的小姑娘告诉他,说他的脊背是直的,而他相信她。

He was no longer afraid.

他再也不怕了。

They were both calmer now.

他们俩这会儿都安静多了,

He gave Mary his hand.

他把手伸给玛丽。

《秘密花园》故事讲述了性情古怪孤僻的小女孩玛丽・伦罗克斯的父母双亡后,生活在姨父神秘阴沉的大房子里,一次神奇的经历,使玛丽闯入久已禁闭且荒芜的花园。玛丽、农家小子迪肯和常年被关在阴暗房间里病态的少爷柯林,找到了开启快乐的钥匙,和花园经历了一次诗意的复活。

本文 麒麟点评 原创,转载保留链接!网址:http://kylinpackage.com.cn/dianping/31416.html

标签:nicer
声明

1.本站遵循行业规范,任何转载的稿件都会明确标注作者和来源;2.本站的原创文章,请转载时务必注明文章作者和来源,不尊重原创的行为我们将追究责任;3.作者投稿可能会经我们编辑修改或补充。

发表评论
搜索
关注我们

扫一扫关注我们,了解最新精彩内容